jueves, 25 de abril de 2013

I wish ...

Here I copy a little reminder. I wish I had done it before ...

TO EXPRESS WISHES IN THE PRESENT

  • If Susan wasn’t going out with Peter, I’d ask her for a date.
  • I wish Susan wasn’t going out with Peter.

  • If I had enough money, I’d buy a Mercedes.
  • I wish I had enough money to/ I wish I could buy a Mercedes.

  • If my parents didn’t live so far away, I’d see them more often.
  • I wish my parents didn’t live so far away.

  • If I didn’t have my final exams in a week, I’d have more free time.
  • I wish I didn’t have my final exams next week / I wish I had more free time.

  • If I could, I’d stop smoking.
  • I wish I could stop smoking.


TO EXPRESS WISHES IN THE PAST (examples)

  • I wish I hadn’t made a lot of mistakes in the exam.
  • If only I had studied more for the exam.

  • I wish I hadn’t spent so much money.
  • If only I hadn’t spent so much money.

  • I wish I hadn’t played hooky so much last term.
  • If only I had attended my classes last term.

  • I wish I had studied in a high school.
  • If only I hadn’t been sent to a boarding school.

  • I wish my team hadn’t played awfully last Sunday.
  • If only my team had played better last Sunday.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario