jueves, 22 de febrero de 2018

Corban Addison

I told you I had written to Corban Adisson, the author of The Garden of Burning Sand and he has replied!!

I'd like to share his message with all of you, as you are mentioned in his message.

Hola Maria!

I wish I still had the vocabulary to reply to you in Spanish, but, alas, I haven’t spoken it in many years. Thanks so much for your lovely note. I’m honored that you used Garden in your English class, and I’m delighted to hear about your students’ response. What you described is precisely what I hoped to achieve with the book. All of us spend most of our lives in our own little worlds, not knowing or having reason to care about what is happening to so many people in other places around the globe. Our world is getting smaller thanks to travel and technology, but the stories of individual people so often escape us in the rush of our daily lives. The beauty of a novel is its invitation to set aside the world we know, the world we’re comfortable with, and enter another world, to walk a mile in the shoes of someone else. I’m so glad that Garden offered that opportunity to you and your students. 

Please give your class my best, and please do let me know what you think of my other stories. You should be able to get all of them from your English-language bookstores in Madrid, especially the most recent one, A Harvest of Thorns.
I wish you all the best!

Corban
And this is his latest book, the one he suggests.  Would you like to give it a try?

Resultado de imagen

2 comentarios:

  1. I am amazed you sent a message to the writer about our little activity with the book, but it is absolutely astonishing that Mr. Adison answers you. As I coud see in his webpage he is a well concerned attorney, so he knows very well the issues he write about. Congrats for your bravery

    ResponderEliminar